Community Futures has worked with over 500 businesses in the South Okanagan and Similkameen over the last 35 years.
We offer flexible, affordable loan products to help entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. For example, business start-ups, seasonal requirements, working capital, expansion loans, or purchase of an existing business.
New to the area, or your partner/spouse just landed a job here? We can help with training and loans for viable start-up businesses.
The following is taken into account when you apply for a loan:
- Viability of the business – Are you fulfilling a real need in a non-competitive mark?
- Your personal commitment level to your business
- Abilities and skills as Owner / Operator
- Creation or maintenance of jobs; business related expenditures made locally
- Location of the business within the Okanagan Similkameen region
- Do you have a solid Business Plan or willingness to build one?
- Well defined product or service
- Well defined and understood target markets
- Well defined go-to-market strategy
- Planned, measurable operations and execution plan
- Well researched sales, marketing and advertising plan
- If new business, provide market survey and letters of support from potential customers or clients
- Detailed business sales, income statement and cash flow forecasts
- If existing business, provide last 3 years of financial statements (balance sheet and income statement)
- Do you meet the The 5 Cs of Lending?
- Character – Entrepreneur’s stability, history, references, experience.
- Capital – Commitment and combined value (in cash or in kind) to invest.
- Capacity – Entrepreneur or business’ ability to service debt and personal needs.
- Conditions – Does the market support business establishment and / or growth.
- Collateral – What the entrepreneur or business can use to off-set investment risk.
Contact us if you would like a Business Analyst to help you with your business plan or supporting documents.
*under special circumstances, loans greater than $150,000 may be made.