The Community Futures Development Corporation of the Okanagan-Similkameen (CFOS)
If you are interested in this position, please review the job description as well as the qualifications and competencies we are seeking.
To apply for the position, submit a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or Adobe pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 PM, October 18, 2019. Short-listed applicants will be contacted by October 28, 2019. Only those who are selected for interviews will be notified
General Manager – Job Description
The General Manager reports to the board of directors of Community Futures Development Corporation of Okanagan-Similkameen (CFOS). The region covers Summerland to Osoyoos, and west as far as Princeton.
Our mission is to provide business training and loans for entrepreneurs, thereby promoting economic development in our region. Your mission is to help entrepreneurs and business owners, with advice, training
Leading your team of four staff, you will be responsible for the implementation of the CFOS operating plan. This encompasses managing and growing the loan portfolio, ensuring relevant business training courses are provided and well attended, and working collaboratively with other
regional organizations on economic development initiatives, as well as financial and performance reporting.
Loan analysis and portfolio management:
In collaboration with the business development analyst and the board Loans Committee, oversee the management and growth of the CFOS commercial loan portfolio:
- Present loan recommendations to the Loans Committee
- Update and monitor the CFOS client portfolio risk analysis model
- Client site visits and meetings
Marketing and promotion:
In collaboration with the business development analyst and business advisor, market the CFOS training and loan programs to potential clients:
- Make effective presentations to potential clients and community groups
- Attend networking events, including regional chambers of commerce events, JCI, entrepreneurs’ meetup groups, etc.
- Network with other commercial lenders to participate in joint financing ventures
- Annually review the marketing strategy
In collaboration with the internal accountant, ensure compliance with CFOS funding mandates:
• Prepare monthly board report
• Quarterly financial and activity reporting to
• Prepare and present annual rep
Qualifications and Competencies
The General Manager position requires a candidate with business acumen and a diverse range of skills. Our focus is to identify a candidate who has a strong mix of education and experience, along with a proven track record of leading successful teams.
The ideal applicant will have a combination
Education and experience:
- Business diploma or comparative degree
- Business development track record
- Financial analysis skills
- Community Involvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, One Drive, and data management type software
- File management and organization skills
- Passion to make a difference and help people
- Results‐oriented self‐starter
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team
- Confidence in making and communicating decisions
Salary, benefits and training
This is a
The position is eligible for full benefits
On the job training will be provided by the incumbent General Manager and other team members. There are also some online training resources available if required