CAREER OPPORTUNITY | LOAN MANAGER POSITION
Who we are:
Community Futures Okanagan-Similkameen is a not-for-profit with the mission of assisting the entrepreneurial success of individuals through coaching and financing. We work behind the scenes directly with entrepreneurs to make their life and launching their business or social enterprise as easy as possible. As a member of a network that spans across Canada and has been in existence for 35 years, you will be working on the front lines of grassroots economic development hand-in-hand with entrepreneurs.
Why you’ll love this:
Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Business Advisors and Loans Committee, the Loans Manager is responsible for sales and delivery of the organization’s financing products: Loans, loan guarantees and equity investments. Deal size can range from $25,000 to $1.5M and are unbankable (e.g. less than 1:1 collateral, low credit score, primarily startups). You will be targeting local business and social entrepreneurs in the region of Summerland to Osoyoos, and west as far as Princeton, and will have every opportunity to develop your skills in assessing startup and expansion ideas that could significantly improve the local economy.
- Oversee the management and growth of the commercial investment portfolio ($5.25M)
- Provide business coaching to assist entrepreneurs in business planning and loan applications
- Analyze business plans, administer behavioural assessments and provide recommendations to the Loans Committee for decision
- Loan origination and servicing including registering and enforcing security agreements
- Maintain and improve the portfolio-at-risk analysis model based on client’s ability to convert prospects to customers and other key performance indicators
- Monitoring of loan clients including reviewing annual financial statements, resolving NSFs and performing site visits as required
- Accounting or commerce bachelor’s degree or 4 years of financial statement analysis experience
- 2 years commercial lending work experience
- 2 years outbound B2B sales experience using a customer relationship management software such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Salesforce
- Experience with cloud computing software such as Microsoft Office 365 or Google Business Apps
- Access to reliable transportation as travel to clients and events is required
- Access to iOS or Android compatible smartphone with 4G LTE connectivity
How we work together:
The position is full-time 35 hours per week on a 4-week averaging contract. Work schedule is generally Monday to Friday and is flexible to accommodate your lifestyle and personal commitments. You may be required to work weekends from time-to-time and are expected to be in-office for weekly team meeting and available either in-person or virtually for daily standups on workdays.
We are a completely digital non-profit meaning you can work from home or one of our several workstations across the region. Staff routinely take “workations.” We have standup desks in the office and you will be provided with a laptop and accessories including noise cancelling headset. We have a benefits plan and reimburse for internet and travel.
How to Apply:
If you believe that you meet the expectations outlined, and are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter outlining how the Community Futures mission aligns with your personal mission, and resume or link to LinkedIn profile to Anthony Mondia, General Manager at.