Business Developer Position
Community Futures Okanagan-Similkameen is a not-for-profit with the mission of assisting the entrepreneurial success of individuals through training and financing. We work behind the scenes directly with entrepreneurs to make their life and launching their business or social enterprise as easy as possible. As a member of a network that spans across Canada and has been in existence for 35 years, you will be working on the front lines of grassroots economic development hand-in-hand with entrepreneurs.
Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Loans Committee, the Business Developer is responsible for sales and delivery of the organization’s financing products: Loans, loan guarantees, letters of credit and equity investments. You will be targeting local business and social entrepreneurs in the region of Summerland to Osoyoos, and west as far as Princeton, and will have every opportunity to develop your skills in assessing startup and expansion ideas that could significantly improve the local economy.
Effective sales of the loan program to potential clients through:
- Site visits to existing and potential clients
- Effective presentations to community partners, such as other commercial lenders and First Nations
- Networking events, such as regional chambers of commerce events, JCI, entrepreneurs’ meetup groups, etc.
- Responding to inquiries through social media, email, phone and online form submissions
- Provide 1-on-1 business counselling to assist entrepreneurs in business planning and loan applications
- Complete loan analysis summaries and recommendations for management and the Loans Committee
- Prepare letters of offer and other loan security documents
- Update and monitor the portfolio-at-risk analysis model monthly
- Monitor clients by requesting financial statements for review, liaising with them regarding NSFs, and performing site visits
- Initiate and manage collection of delinquent accounts, bankruptcies and foreclosures
Oversee the management and growth of the commercial investment portfolio ($5M):
- Business diploma or comparative degree
- 2 years B2B sales experience
- Commercial lending experience preferred
- Financial statement analysis skills
- Experience with cloud computing software such as Microsoft Office 365, Google Apps or similar
- Experience with social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Access to reliable transportation as travel to clients and events is required
- Access to iOS or Android smartphone with 4G LTE connectivity and 8 megapixel camera or better required
The position is full-time 35 hours per week. Employees are entitled to participate in the organization’s RRSP program, training program, and health and dental benefits after the six month probationary period.
Travel expenses are reimbursed at Government of Canada Treasury Board rates. The incumbent will be provided with a laptop and reimbursed 50% of their mobile data. They are expected to utilize their own smartphone for work-related purposes.
Work schedule is generally Monday to Friday and is flexible to accommodate employees’ lifestyle and personal commitments. The incumbent may be required to work weekends from time-to-time and is expected to be in-office for weekly team meeting and available either in-person or virtually for daily standups on workdays.
How to Apply
Please review the job description for an understanding of the responsibilities and qualifications, as well as additional employment information.
If you believe that you meet the expectations outlined, and are interested in applying for the position, please submit your cover letter outlining how the Community Futures mission aligns with your personal mission, and resume or link to LinkedIn profile to Anthony Mondia, General Manager at [email protected].
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis, however target date for making a decision is May 25, 2018 with start date in June or July depending on availability.